Receive the latest news, updates and prayer requests from the persecuted church direct to your inbox.
Indonesia: Children of pastor stabbed
14 December 2016
Seven children were stabbed in a school yesterday (13 December) in Sabu, East Nusa Tenggara.
Local sources told Open Doors that two of the victims are the children of a pastor. The children are between the ages of 8 to 11.
"The perpetrators forced their way into the school and stabbed the children in the throat and chest," our source said. Local police immediately apprehended one perpetrator on a ferry, while more are still at large - the number of the perpetrators is still unclear, as is the motive for the attack.
The seven children are in intensive care - two of them are severely injured.
We are awaiting further details.
- For healing for the injured children
- That the attackers will be caught and brought to justice
- For protection for Christians in Indonesia.
More News from Indonesia:
- Mother forgives child's petrol bomb attackers in court
- The long journey to healing for children attacked in church
- UPDATE: Blasphemy appeal withdrawn 'for the sake of the people'
- Shock as Christian Governor sentenced to jail for blasphemy
- Christian governor loses election, concedes defeat
Find out more about persecution in Indonesia.