Receive the latest news, updates and prayer requests from the persecuted church direct to your inbox.
Kenya: New CEO joins Open Doors International
17 July 2017
Open Doors International has appointed Dan Ole Shani to be its Chief Executive Officer.
Born and raised in Kenya, a country ranked 18 on the 2017 World Watch List, Dan and his wife Nellie have lived in five different countries with their children where Dan served in international missions work for over 30 years. He spent a decade working in East Africa, a decade as Regional Director over field programmes across West Africa, and then a decade of international roles led from the US and UK with World Vision International. His recent global leadership roles at World Vision International had oversight of decision-making effectiveness, global governance, and forming a Christian identity across a global organisation.
Dan made the following comment about accepting this role:
"I am excited that Open Doors is an organisation that unreservedly proclaims its devotion to Jesus Christ and its commitment to His commission, with a focus on strengthening the persecuted church. It will be my privilege to work alongside the brothers and sisters at Open Doors as we strengthen the Church in places where it is most dangerous to be a Christian and as we together bear witness to the world that Jesus Christ is Lord."
Lisa Pearce, Chief Executive of Open Doors UK and Ireland said: "We welcome Dan to our Ministry and we look forward to working with him - we have much to do as persecution is sadly increasing and our Ministry faces ever increasing demands and pressures as we try to help as many people as possible. A major event happening just after he joins us will be the presentation of our One Million Voices of Hope petition, at the UN in December 2017."
- For Dan as he enters this new season in his life
- For Dan and his family as they adjust to the changes in their lives brought on by this new position
- For Dan as he becomes fully involved in the work of Open Doors and brings new insight into our work for the persecuted church
More News from Kenya:
- Three Christians beheaded on Somali border
- Four killed in brutal al-Shabaab attack
- Your letters restore Damaris' soul
- Garissa survivors share their stories; Fears rise as anniversary approaches
- Student remembers Garissa attack as second anniversary approaches
Find out more about persecution in Kenya.