Send vital aid to our church family in North Korea who are risking it all to follow Jesus.
Receive the latest news, updates and prayer requests from the persecuted church direct to your inbox.
North Korea: Authorities deny killing pastor
09 May 2016
The North Korean authorities have denied any involvement in the murder of Korean-Chinese pastor Han Choong Yeol, according to United Press International.
Pyongyang's propaganda outlet Uriminzokkiri released a statement on Thursday 5 May calling the claims 'absurd anti-North Korean sophistry'.
They went on to say: "After the murder of Pastor Han on April 30, the puppet authorities are once again yammering up clichés about the North.
"The truth will be revealed. The South Korean authorities are addicted to dirty slander...but their anti-human rights crimes can never be concealed."
Questions to parliament
Lord Alton has tabled two parliamentary questions on the murder of Han Choong Yeol:
Lord Alton of Liverpool to ask her majesty's Government what assessments they have made of reports that North Korean secret agents have killed Han Choong Yeol, a Korean-Chinese pastor who provided North Korean refugees with food, medicines, clothes and other items to assist their survival?
Lord Alton of Liverpool to ask Her Majesty's Government whether they will raise with the Chinese authorities reports that North Korean secret agents entered Chiangbai, a town on the Chinese side of the border with North Korea, and murdered Korean-Chinese pastor , Han Choong Yeol, who helped North Korean refugees.
Pastor killed by secret agents
03 May 2016
North Korean secret agents have martyred a Korean-Chinese pastor who lived in Chiangbai, a town on the Chinese side of the border with North Korea. Han Choong Yeol was active in helping North Korean refugees by giving them food, medicines, clothes and other goods they needed for survival back in North Korea.
On Saturday 30 April, pastor Han left his home just after noon and was supposed to return before 5pm. When he didn't come back, a large search was set up. Around 8pm his lifeless body was found, visibly maimed by stab and axe wounds.
People who worked with Han describe him as 'extremely passionate for North Koreans'. His ministry came with a price. In November 2014 a deacon of his church was kidnapped and never heard of again. Pastor Han knew he was a target too, but continued his ministry.
Han was 49 and leaves his wife, son and daughter as well as the local Three Self-Church that he pastored, that has 600 members.
- Thank God for the life and dedication of pastor Han
- For comfort for Han's family and church members, who are now without a husband, father and shepherd. Pray that they will be able to forgive the killers.
- For others involved in North Korea mission work, pray that God will give them courage and protect them
- For forgiveness for the spies who murdered pastor Han. Pray they will repent and come to know the one for whom pastor Han gave his life.
- For the kidnapped deacon and the many other Christians held captive in North Korea.
More News from North Korea:
- Otto Warmbier dies after detention in North Korea
- A trafficked woman's precious Thank You note
- Man accused of 'spying' after visiting Christian relatives in China
- "Every time I lost hope, God gave me strength"
- Leader's half-brother dies; missionaries expelled
Find out more about persecution in North Korea.