Send vital aid to displaced families in Syria and Iraq – and enable them to return when it's safe.
Receive the latest news, updates and prayer requests from the persecuted church direct to your inbox.
Yemen: Call for prayer as crisis continues
17 April 2015
As fighting continues between various factions in Yemen, the situation on the ground is grim. In some places, much of daily life has come to a standstill. In other places, life goes on as normal, but with fear for what the future will bring.
Despite this, national and international believers have remained active in gathering to encourage one another and to reach out to the community around them. But our church family in Yemen needs our prayers.
- That in the midst of this uncertainty, God will speak to the people of Yemen in visions and dreams, showing them that Jesus is the way, the truth and life
- That the church will receive the wisdom and support they need to prepare adequately for the future, not knowing how long the crisis will last
- That the church will remain active, taking advantage of Open Doors to share their hope in Jesus
- That the believers will continue to experience fellowship, meet together and grow in unity
- That through this disruptive time the seeds of the gospel will be scattered
- That the global church will stand with indigenous believers inside the country who continue serving faithfully through the present crisis
- For lasting peace in Yemen.
More News from Yemen:
- Vulnerable Christians request your urgent prayers
- Baptisms taking place despite two years of war in country where leaving Islam is punishable by death.
- Gunmen kill 16 people at a Christian care home
Find out more about persecution in Yemen.