Send vital aid to displaced families in Syria and Iraq - and enable them to return when it's safe.
Receive the latest news, updates and prayer requests from the persecuted church direct to your inbox.
Yemen: Vulnerable Christians request your urgent prayers
18 May 2017
Following an outbreak of cholera, Yemeni authorities have declared the capital, Sanaa, to be in a state of emergency. And Christians in the country are asking for your urgent prayers.
"Patients are sleeping on the hospital floors, beds are full," says a Christian in Yemen. "We are planning a cholera awareness campaign in the coming week. We urgently need our brothers and sisters to pray for our protection and that the spread of cholera will stop."
Cholera, if left untreated, causes acute diarrhea and can be fatal within hours. The UN Health Cluster reports that there were 124 cholera-related deaths from 27 April to 14 May, and a total of 11,046 suspected cholera/acute watery diarrhea (AWD) cases were reported from 18 governorates.
The cholera outbreak is the newest chapter in a crisis that began over two years ago when a civil war erupted in Yemen in March 2015. More than 10,000 people have been killed and millions remain displaced due to the conflict.
Yemen ranks as number 9 on the Open Doors 2017 World Watch List. It is one of the strictest Muslim countries on earth and Yemen's Christians, who practise their faith in Christ together, are among the country's most vulnerable groups.
Source: Open Doors; UN
- That God's healing hand be on the country of Yemen - that the spread of cholera would stop immediately
- For protection for the believers who are taking part in the cholera awareness campaign
- That there would be soon be peace in Yemen.
More News from Yemen:
- Baptisms taking place despite two years of war in country where leaving Islam is punishable by death.
- Gunmen kill 16 people at a Christian care home
- Call for prayer as crisis continues
Find out more about persecution in Yemen.