IT Service Support 1st/2nd line, full-time, £20-27K pa, depending on experience
Are you a ‘techie’ who instinctively ‘gets’ IT systems? Do you enjoy helping people at work with their IT? Can you communicate with IT suppliers and contractors to fault-find and resolve issues? Do you have the aptitude to learn quickly? Finally, and importantly, are you the kind of person that people depend upon and enjoy having around?
If you are, then we need you and you may want to work with us….
Open Doors is a dynamic and growing international Christian charity that serves the needs of the persecuted church – needs that are growing every day. Research for the Open Doors World Watch List 2018 shows that persecution against Christians is increasing, with believers in many countries experiencing violence, hostility and abuse for their faith.
We have a fantastic opportunity for a committed Christian* with IT service support experience to join a growing and dynamic IT team that works hard, has a shared goal to make our systems first rate, and likes to have fun as a team, too.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- experience working within 1st line support, and ideally 2nd line support, or experience in a similar environment
- a working knowledge of ITIL and service levels
- a heart for delivering excellent service, solving underlying problems, and improving systems reliability and availability
- experience of working with Office 365, Windows Server management, Active Directory, VoIP, Skype for Business, and IT Administrative tools, e.g. DPM / WSUS with the opportunity for learning in Azure IaaS.
Open Doors is a dynamic and growing international Christian charity that serves the needs of the persecuted church – needs that are growing every day. Research for the Open Doors World Watch List 2018 shows that persecution against Christians in 2018 is increasing, with believers in many countries experiencing violence, hostility and abuse for their faith.
Open Doors will commit to developing your career so that your potential is fully realised. We are a growing organisation and you’ll find the team here both friendly and professional with a dedication to doing things well. You’ll be challenged and stretched, and be part of something amazing that makes a difference to persecuted Christians. Our daily devotions is one of the many ways you’ll see the results of the work that we do globally.
Here's how to apply:
- View the job description for this role
- Complete the application form
- Write a cover letter or e-mail which explains why you are suitable for this role
- Ask any further questions or send your application and cover letter/e-mail to email@example.com
Closing Date: 2 March2018
Interviews: 13 March 2018
*There is an occupational requirement under Schedule 9 of the Equality Act 2010 for this post to be held by an active, practising Christian who assents to our statement of faith.