Open Doors takes data protection seriously and stores your data securely. We protect the confidentiality of your personal information and ensure its security when dealing with banks and the postal service. We do not pass on your details to any other charity or other organisations.
We may look up your phone number and call you to check important details but we will never call you to ask for money. If you have signed up to the Telephone Protection Service and have not opted in to receive calls, we will not call you.
We collect data about you when you register with us to request information or make donations.Website usage information is collected using cookies. (See below)
We also collect personal data (using secure HTML forms) on our website and store this information and any additional data you give us by other means. Use of these forms is entirely voluntary on your part, so if you do not want us to hold any personal data about you, then please do not submit the forms. The personal data collected includes:
- Your name
- Your postal address
- Your telephone number
- Your email address
- Your date of birth (optional)
You do not have to provide us with this information, but if you chose not to then we may be unable to give you the information or service you request. You do not have to tell us your telephone number, but it will help us to contact you quickly if we have a query. We collect this data for communication purposes only. We do not collect or use this personal data for any other purpose.
We receive and store your email address when you fill in one of our online forms and also if you subscribe direct to our emails or other e-publications we may offer.
We collect information about you to:
- Fulfil your requests and continually improve your interaction with our website
- Deliver literature and process donations and communicate with you about them
- Update our records and generally maintain your contact details and communication records
- Prevent or detect fraud or the misuse of our website
- Enable technical maintenance work to be carried out by specialists on our server systems
We do not share your information with other individuals or organisations without your permission.
Yes, we do receive information from other sources, for example:
- If we receive updated delivery and address information from our mail & delivery services we will then correct your records. (Examples of information we receive from other sources include updated delivery and address information from our carriers, which we use to correct our records and deliver your next communication more easily.)
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard internet log and visitor behaviour information.
All your information will be transmitted in a secure fashion. We use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts any sensitive information you input.To make donations your entire contact details and credit card number are then sent securely to the appropriate credit card company.
The confidentiality of your information is safeguarded by:
- Protecting data from improper use such as unlawful access, changes or destruction and accidental loss
- Ensuring that all our employees respect the confidentiality of our site visitors' personal data
- Occasionally requesting proof of identity before we disclose personal information to you
You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information, please contact us. We may make a small charge for this service. We want to make sure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. You may ask us to correct or remove information you think is inaccurate.
- By phone: 01993 460015
- By fax: 01993 777301
- By email, click on: email@example.com
- Or write to us at: Open Doors UK, PO Box 6, Witney, OX29 6WG
By giving us your details you are accepting our terms and conditions described above.