- Leader: Emir Sheikh Sabah
- Population: 4.1 million (425,000 Christians)
- Main Religion: Islam
- Country fact sheet
Islam is the state religion of Kuwait, and although it is not illegal to leave Islam, it is socially unacceptable.
Most of the Christians in Kuwait are migrant workers from elsewhere. Muslim families will expel members who decide to become Christians, as this is seen as an attack on Islam and on the family honour. Believers from Muslim backgrounds also risk being monitored by the police and intimidated by vigilante groups. Evangelism is strictly forbidden, and churches face many restrictions.
- That Kuwait will move towards true freedom of religion
- For boldness and wisdom for believers to share their faith with those around them
- That God would work through believers from Muslim backgrounds to show His love to their family members.
How Open Doors helps
Open Doors supports the body of Christ on the Arabian Peninsula through organising prayer, distributing Scripture resources and training believers and pastors.
LATEST NEWS FROM
There are currently no additional news stories