- Leader: President Ibrahim Boubacar Keïta
- Population: 18.7 million (413,000 Christians)
- Main Religion: Islam
- World Watch List Rank: 37
Islamic insurgency remains a threat to Christians in Mali.
Although militant Islamic groups have been pushed out of most of the territory they occupied, their influence is still felt. Open evangelism can lead to being attacked. Believers from a Muslim background face great pressure and even violence from their families if they are discovered. Christian missionaries operating in Mali also live under the constant threat of abduction and some have been kidnapped by jihadists.
- For peace across Mali after increased violence and terrorist attacks
- For provision and comfort for Christians who have been displaced from their homes by Islamic militants
- For strength and protection for believers from Muslim backgrounds who struggle to live out their faith in hostile communities.
How Open Doors helps
In partnership with the local church, Open Doors is serving the persecuted church in Mali by:
- Providing Bibles
- Supporting persecuted Christians through socio-economic empowerment projects
- Persecution awareness and caring for new believers
- Discipleship training
- Leadership training for pastors.
LATEST NEWS FROM Mali:
There are currently no additional news stories