- Leader: President Bidhya Devi Bhandari
- Population: 29.2 million (1.2 million Christians)
- Main Religion: Hinduism
- Country fact sheet
While the constitution states that Nepal is a secular state, it is illegal to convert to any religion other than Hinduism.
Radical Hindus have physically attacked Christians, and are able to act with impunity. Christians struggle to obtain land where they can bury their dead, and often resort to burying people illegally in the forest; if this is discovered, radical Hindus have been known to dig the bodies up and take them back to the homes of Christians or leave them in the street.
- For protection for believers from Hindu backgrounds who are attacked for betraying the fath of their ancestors
- Several Christians were arrested last year, accused of proselytising; pray for their release
- That Christians will find safe ways to share the gospel with others, and for boldness for them to continue.
How Open Doors helps:
Open Doors works through church partners to support believers in Nepal with Bibles and Christian books, training, livelihood projects, relief aid and legal support.