- Leader: President Tran Dai Quang
- Population: 95.4 million (8.4 million Christians)
- Main Religion: Buddhism
- World Watch List Rank: 18
Local and national government authorities persecute the Christian minority through their laws.
Believers from ethnic minority groups face the greatest persecution. Seen as traitors of their culture and identity, they face harassment, violent attacks and social exclusion. Villagers collude with local Communist authorities, beating believers, kicking them out of their villages and stoning places of worship during meetings. Non-Christian relatives cut family ties and deny inheritance. Christian bloggers and political activists have been arrested and sentenced.
- That God will build up the faith of new believers from ethnic minorities, like the Hmong
- That the light of Christ will shine through those who are being pressured to return to their family’s faith
- That the Holy Spirit will move government leaders to loosen restrictions on the Christian minority.
How Open Doors helps
Open Doors is supporting the church in Vietnam through:
- Providing Bibles (Children and Tribal Bibles) and other Christian literature
- Biblical training for church workers
- Equipping and training Christian believers, with special emphasis on children, youth and women
- Providing assistance through literacy and socio-economic development
- Providing advocacy and immediate relief to tribal believers.
LATEST NEWS FROM Vietnam:
There are currently no additional news stories