- Leader: President Abdrabbuh Mansour Hadi
- Population: 28.1 million (A few thousand Christians)
- Main Religion: Islam
- Country fact sheet
Christians have become doubly vulnerable during the current conflict which has sparked the world’s worst humanitarian crisis.
Government officials continue to intimidate Christians and Islamic organisations allegedly discriminate against non-Muslims when providing emergency relief. The growing number of Christian converts suffers violence and pressure from tribal and religious leaders, and extended family. Threats of death from radical Islamic groups, and detention from authorities, force many to conceal their faith. On top of this, migrant Christians experience harassment and discrimination from society.
- That God will be glorified in the gatherings of secret believers and give them opportunities to minister to fellow Yemenis
- Ask the Good Shepherd to ensure that aid reaches believers who are disconnected from family and tribe
- That God will transform the hearts of those who fight for Al-Qaeda and Islamic State.
How Open Doors helps
Open Doors supports the body of Christ on the Arabian Peninsula through organising prayer, distributing Scripture resources and training believers and pastors.
LATEST NEWS FROM Yemen:
There are currently no additional news stories