Prayer News 296 (May-June 2023)
Be part of Open Doors' secret network and support persecuted Christians in prayer. All the videos are available to download for you to share with your church or home group.
In this edition of Prayer News:
- Nigeria: Ayuba’s* father was killed by Boko Haram militants. Ayuba swore revenge on the man who had betrayed his father – but has found healing through a trauma centre.
- Nigeria: It’s been nine years since Boko Haram kidnapped over 270 schoolgirls from Chibok. Around 100 girls are still missing, and their parents are in agony – please pray for them.
- Burkina Faso: Fati* and her family had to flee their home due to violent attacks, and are now being supported by the local church in Ouagadougou.
- Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC): When Pastor Jean’s* church in Beni was attacked, he and his family survived – but they suffered immense trauma.
- DRC: Stephanie* was 18 years old when members of the ADF, an Islamist extremist group, targeted her town. With Open Doors’ support, she is coming to terms with her ordeal.
- Burkina Faso: When she was 13 years old, Habiba* was kidnapped by Islamic extremists. She eventually escaped, but she is still haunted by the memories and trauma of what happened. [Please note, this story contains particularly distressing content around sexual assault and graphic descriptions of violence.]
Also in this edition:
- Pray with us: Join Mark and Rebecca as they share some good news stories and answers to prayer from the persecuted church to encourage your prayers.
- Let's reflect: Fikiru* from East Africa shares a reflection from Hebrews 6:10.
*Names changed for security reasons