- Leader: Sultan Qaboos
- Population: 4.7 million (204,000 Christians)
- Main Religion: Islam
- World Watch List Rank: 46
Islam dominates Oman’s society, politics and legal system.
Omani Muslims practise Ibadhism, a modern, non-violent form of Islam, so Christians and even converts from Islam do not face any violent repercussions. But leaving Islam is seen as a betrayal and converts face harassment, bullying and pressure to return to Islam. Christian meetings are monitored to record any political messages and who attends. Laws restrict freedoms for Christians particularly when building and registering new churches.
- The spiritual climate is described as hard, dry ground. Pray that God will soften this hard ground and pour out His Spirit on the nation
- That Christians who lack fellowship and feel lonely and forgotten would be encouraged to keep going
- For boldness and protection for new Christians.
How Open Doors helps
Open Doors supports the church in Oman by raising prayer and awareness.
LATEST NEWS FROM Oman:
There are currently no additional news stories