Write a letter to encourage Mary Mohammadi
Mary is a brave 22-year-old Christian convert and activist who has paid a high price for her faith and willingness to speak out for human rights in Iran.
She spent six months in prison for being part of a house church, during which time she experienced awful, degrading treatment. It’s not the only time Mary has been arrested and imprisoned for her activities.
Mary has suffered in other ways, too – she’s been kicked out of her university and lost her job as a gymnastics teacher.
“I don’t seek pity, lamentation, or mourning,” Mary says. “I stand here only to expose these unspoken dimensions of oppression, until the day comes when I see the realisation of the inalienable rights of every victim of human rights violations.”
Will you write to Mary to encourage her in her faith and ministry?
- This is a digital campaign, so email messages are best. We do accept greeting cards, artwork by children, and postcards, but these will need to be scanned or photographed, and sent to us at the below email address
- Postcards with scenes of countryside, landscapes, mountains, flowers, water, and gardens are much beloved by Iranians. However, please do not send cards that picture animals as the main image as this is culturally inappropriate (animals as part of a landscape picture are accepted)
- Be encouraging and include one or two Bible verses (for security reasons, please do not use verses that refer to Israel, armies, or war)
- Write in simple English (or in Farsi). Keep your message brief and print clearly
- Show sensitivity. Please don’t dwell on the recipient’s plight, or share about the blessings of life in your country.
- Do not mention Open Doors
- Do not mention Islam
- Do not refer to Israel, even when using Scripture. Also, do not use images, flags or maps of Israel, or Hebrew signs
- Do not refer to the UK or USA or places within the USA or UK. Also, do not use images (e.g. the Statue of Liberty, Big Ben, a flag, the Queen)
- Do not criticise the country’s religion or religious extremists, its government, judicial system or political leaders
- Do not send money or make proposals to help
- You can disclose your name, but do not provide your country or full address.
Send to us!
Send your messages to firstname.lastname@example.org
And we'll do the rest!
Please note this campaign ends 31 December 2021