- Leader: King Salman
- Population: 32.7 million (1.4 million Christians)
- Main Religion: Islam
- World Watch List Rank: 12
The government maintains a strict Islamic system that treats Christians as second-class citizens.
Places of worship are denied to non-Islamic religions. Migrant Christians (from India, Philippines and Africa) who meet for worship or share their faith with Muslims may experience detention and deportation. Saudi believers from a Muslim background face even more pressure, including death threats, mostly from extended family and Islamic leaders. Nevertheless, their numbers are growing and they are sharing their faith publicly, despite the serious consequences.
- For change in the government’s initiative to reduce the number of migrant workers so jobs can go to nationals; this lowers the numbers of Christians
- For new Christians to mature and safely safe share their faith with relatives and Muslim Saudis
- For those in government, the royal house, and religious police to discover Jesus.
How Open Doors helps
Open Doors supports the church in Saudi Arabia by raising prayer and awareness.
LATEST NEWS FROM Saudi Arabia:
There are currently no additional news stories