- Leader: King Salman
- Population: 32.7 million (1.4 million Christians)
- Main Religion: Islam
- Government: Monarchy
- World Watch List Rank: 14
- Source of Persecution: Islamic extremism
Despite the fact that leaving Islam is punishable by death in Saudi Arabia, the number of Saudi Muslims coming to faith in Christ is increasing.
All Saudis are considered to be Muslims, and the legal system is based on Sharia (Islamic law). There are no church buildings at all in Saudi Arabia and Christian services take place in secret places. Believers from Muslim backgrounds usually keep their faith hidden - several who were discovered were forced to leave the country in 2016.
- For opportunities for Saudi believers to share their faith with their families, and for their family members to be open to the gospel
- For protection for secret believers
- Praise God for Saudis who have discovered Jesus through dreams and visions, or through Christian TV programmes. Ask God to reveal Himself to more people, and pray that they would grow in their faith.
KEEP HOPE ALIVE. PRAY. GIVE. SPEAK OUT.
How we help
Open Doors supports the church in Saudi Arabia by raising prayer and awareness.
LATEST NEWS FROM Saudi Arabia:
There are currently no additional news stories