On this page, we will share latest updates on how Covid-19 is affecting persecuted Christians around the world and the work of Open Doors. We will also look at what we can learn from the persecuted church, how you can support your persecuted family with prayers and gifts, and the impact that your support is having. Please know that we at Open Doors are holding all of you in our prayers.
Coronavirus is, of course, changing all our lives, and we know these will be difficult months for many of you. These are also difficult times for many in the persecuted church – the spread of the virus and lockdown are having devastating effects. In many countries, huge numbers of people have lost their income and are desperate for food. But it isn't changing our God! He is steadfast, loving, strong and full of grace.
REGIONAL UPDATES: HOW COVID-19 IS AFFECTING PERSECUTED CHRISTIANS
YOUR FAMILY URGENTLY NEED HELP
Lockdown means many persecuted Christians no longer have an income and can’t buy food. Can you help bring vital food to those who need it the most?
Each relief pack to Asia contains these essential items
Church at Home
Here at Open Doors we’re working to help you stay connected with your persecuted family during this difficult time. That’s why we’ve created Church at Home and Children at Home, a range of free resources for churches, individuals and families to use at home. Featuring small group sessions, prayer resources, videos, children’s activities and more.
DURING LOCKDOWN, JOIN US ONLINE
Church buildings may be closed, but you can connect with us online through one of our online events. Monitor our website, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter accounts for information on the latest webinars. You can also visit our webinar archive to see past events.
A prayer for the persecuted church during Covid-19
Our persecuted brothers and sisters need our prayers at this uncertain time. Pray using our written prayer during your own quite times, or as a small group or church meeting remotely.
News and stories of persecuted Christians affected by coronavirus
- 29 May: Sri Lankan Christians share Covid-19 aid with their attackers
- 29 May: An Open Doors partner on distributing aid in the Gulf
- 29 May: Thanks from Bangladeshi Christians
- 27 May: Video: you answered Usha’s call for help
- 21 May: Is North Korea heading for another famine?
- 18 May: Thousands of Christians in Asia surviving lockdown thanks to your support
- 12 May: Coronavirus is another crisis for Pastor George’s church in Syria
- 28 April: Strengthening girls and woman at risk during lockdown
- 24 April: Fulani attack in Nigeria during lockdown
- 23 April: Your life-saving impact on India’s Christians
- 21 April: In India’s coronavirus lockdown, your family is asking for urgent help
- 17 April: Two stories of hope in the midst of coronavirus
- 15 April: Al-Shabaab blame coronavirus on Christians
- 8 April: Bangladesh Christians finding solace during coronavirus
- 24 March: Isolation lessons from the Chinese church
- 20 March: Five things to know about coronavirus in Iran
- 18 March: What can we learn from a church in Wuhan?
STATEMENT ON THE OFFICE AND OPERATIONS
While Open Doors UK & Ireland is scaling back operations in our office due to the impact of Covd-19, we continue to raise support and awareness on behalf of our persecuted brothers and sisters and connect the church to their persecuted family around the world. We are committed to protecting the funds raised for our work on the ground and as such, other activity has been scaled back and significant cutbacks have been introduced in staff and operational costs. You can still connect with us via phone or email, order resources, and offer your vital financial support online or via the phone.
All of us are affected by the current situation, but we will continue to share stories, prayer requests and faith-strengthening lessons. We can learn from those who have lived in isolation because of their faith for many years. Thank you for your ongoing support, we at Open Doors are holding all of you in our prayers. Please continue to pray for your brothers and sisters and the work of Open Doors.