As persecution increases, your family needs your support to keep faith and hope alive
- Leader: President Mahmoud Abbas
- Population: 4.9 million (70,800 Christians)
- Main Religion: Islam
- Government: Interim administration
- World Watch List Rank: 23
- Source of Persecution: Islamic extremism/ Ethnic antagonism
Believers from a Muslim background (BMBs) experience high levels of persecution especially in Gaza, but also in the West Bank.
BMBs particularly face harassment from their communities and families to reconvert. Under Gaza's militant Islamist party, Hamas, the rights of Christians are neither upheld nor protected, and it is almost impossible to build and register Protestant churches. Under the West Bank's secular Fatah party, non-BMB Christians face more subtle forms of discrimination, but increasing Islamic radicalisation throughout society is making Christian conversion more dangerous.
- For the Christians in the West Bank and Gaza who suffer because of their faith and ethnicity. Ask God to enable them to be peacemakers and share the love of Christ
- Praise God for Open Doors partners and churches providing training in biblical studies, reconciliation and trauma counselling
- That the unity of the body of Christ will be celebrated and become a visible witness for all.
How we help
In cooperation with local partners and churches, Open Doors is supporting the church in Israel and the Palestinian Territories through:
- Distributing Bibles and Christian literature
- Training (biblical training, reconciliation, trauma debriefing and counselling)
- Socio-economic development (such as relief work)
- Advocacy and presence ministry (providing legal funds, safe houses).