- Leader: President Sheikh Khalifa
- Population: 9.4 million (1.2 million Christians)
- Main Religion: Islam
- Country fact sheet
Islam dominates private, public and political life and all citizens are defined as Muslims.
Emirati society is relatively tolerant towards Christian expatriate communities. They are free to worship in private but the government does not allow them to worship, preach or pray in public. Evangelising Muslims is strictly prohibited. Emirati law does not recognise conversion from Islam to Christianity, and the legal punishment is death. Converts from Islam face intense persecution and many dare not reveal their new faith.
- For wisdom and tolerance for the leaders of the UAE, that they would allow citizens to change their faith
- That Christian converts who are afraid to reveal their faith will gain God’s strength and support
- For Christian women who convert from Islam and lose their rights to possessions and their children.
How Open Doors helps
Open Doors supports the body of Christ on the Arabian Peninsula through organising prayer, distributing Scripture resources and training believers and pastors.
LATEST NEWS FROM
United Arab Emirates:
There are currently no additional news stories